Monday, June 8, 2009

The path of a Mother in Priestess training

Wow. This is hard. As a mother, I want to fix problems for my children - whether they are adults or not. But as I have learned over the last several years - that is not my place in the universe. There are lessons that they must experience and solutions that they must find. It had always gone against my protective nature to allow this to happen.

I find myself, more and more, drawing upon my faith and my experience in the Avalonian Tradition to guide me through counseling my children on the issues they face in life. I no longer react as the mother wolf and jump in to fix it. Instead, I let that initial knee-jerk reaction flow through me. I acknowledge it and am thankful for those emotions, but it does not rule me any longer. I am now finding myself pausing for a breath, reaching for my mantle and seeking the sovereign woman within to provide the counsel that my family seeks. The counsel that guides them to create their own solutions.

I feel so much more empowered as a woman in taking this approach. You wouldn't think that would happen. One would think that by giving up the need to take control, you would feel helpless. Instead, I feel fortunate. I am fortunate to stand back and let my children BE Empowered. After all, it was never my control to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment