Wednesday, January 13, 2010

living my bliss

This subject has been on my mind a lot lately.  What is it that calls to me?  What does my bliss look like?

In my meditative work, I have come to know that I will need to remain in the non-spiritual working world for some time to come.  There are things I am meant to do in this lifetime and those things require a certain amount of funding which apparently - my elusive 'bliss' vocation can not support.  so..... basically, I need to 'get over it' and just work (current work situation) to make the money to support my spiritual work.  The End.

I will admit to a certain amount of envy for those who integrate their spiritual lives with their working vocation.  How wonderful that must be to be supported fully (materially, spiritually, emotionally, etc) by a single vocation.  I've racked my brain to find what that vocation would be for me.  It's just not there.  I'm looking in the wrong universe, I think.

The messages I received are that I must continue working in our business for some time to come in order to secure our financial future.  This will, in turn, allow me to pursue the things that make my heart sing...  ie: living my bliss.

Back to start - what exactly would my bliss be?  Now that the demands of it supporting me financially have been removed...what has opened up here?

I am sure that these things will be revealed as the Goddess sees fit.  I trust that Awen is waiting around one of the upcoming corners.

For now, I am So happy to say that we are moving back into working with our bird dogs.  This is truly something that I love...training, field trialing and just watching a bird dog work.  They are amazing creatures and outstanding athletes - particularly English Pointers...our breed of choice. 

Could this be my bliss - Running our kennel?  Maybe.  Time will tell.  But for now, I am enjoying it regardless.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever tried what Joseph Campbell (through the example of Carl Jung) suggested? Think back to when you were a child. What did you do when you were left to your own devices and were free to play? Was there something consistent that excited your senses?

    ReplyDelete