Sunday, January 31, 2010

Where's the wagon?

Ok, so I've fallen so far off the healthy wagon that I can barely make out it's tracks in the dirt.
ugh.

And here I am in the middle of what the cycle always brings when I don't do what I need to for my health.  I'm sick.  In the middle of winter, I have this fracking head cold and sinus BS that just won't go away.  I know why, I know why. 
Let's recap.
Back drinking cokes.
Picking up fast food while on the go.
Not drinking Any water.
Not exercising.
Not sleeping well.
Not being 'every day' consistent with my spiritual practice (although at least this one is fairly close to being on track)

So no, I'm not a bit surprised that I am run down, tired and sick.  It doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to figure that one out.

So what do I do to motivate myself back on track in the dead of winter when all I want to do is rest as long as I can, eat dense "comfort" foods and crave cokes?

I think that a part of my problem here is SAD.  Although the sun has been out a bit in the last few days, its just not enough.  In the past, I have tried to go to a tanning bed for 5 minutes once a week and that really helped to keep me feeling healthy and energetic (and not depressed).  This winter, I have not done that even once.  I may be on to something here.

Ok, so what's the plan....

1.  Go to the tanning bed, STAT!
2.  Do some meal planning for the week and then the appropriate grocery shopping.
3.  Finally (after 2 months) carve out my new workout area for real - not the half-assed version that I tried before.
4.  Start tracking all my food, drinks and exercise on livestrong.com

I know I will get back in the groove... I just want to get there sooner rather than later.  Here's to hoping that happens! 

Hello Emergence!  It's Bobbi calling!

2 comments:

  1. You will find the wagon! It is there, never fear. :0) I think you are on to something with the SAD...the darkness is really getting to me too. Tanning bed is a great idea! I think I even have some minutes to use up from last year.

    Sending you much love....Emerge my dear Sister, Emerge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a fan of the tanning bed...I think they are really not good for you, dear! Yes, I know I sound like your Mom. LOL. How about one of those lamps they sell for SAD??? You won't be endangering your health that way and you'll be able to get the right kind of light 8 hours a day. They are not expensive and really work!

    Sending you much love!

    Hang in there...we can do it!

    Hugs,
    ~Kim~

    ReplyDelete