Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Course complete; Course correct

I really had no idea to what degree the Permaculture Design Course would shift the course of my life.  I'm shedding outworn versions of myself at every turn it seems.  A true paradigm shift has happened and in no small part owed to the amazing souls with whom I had the great fortune to share this deep and transformative journey.

One way that I could sum up this change is this: I've gone from thinking "oooh, I might get chickens!" to "Holy shit! We Need chickens!".  My whole understanding of sustainability has been turned on its head - in a very good way.  I was only in the shallow end of that subject before, but now feel like I have a real working knowledge of True Sustainability - the impermanence of Permanent Culture.

I'm excited and renewed from this course and we (hubby and I) are motivated to ferret out the things we need to change first.  Small Steps - Big Impact.  That's what we're looking for.

I'll be writing as things unfold, posting pictures of the journey along the way and sharing resources as I come to them.

On that note, I'd like to share a couple of titles with you.
First is one written by one of the course teachers - Peter Bane - The Permaculture Handbook.  His book is currently still in pre-sale, due out in February.

The second is a book by David Holmgren - the co-originator of the Permaculture concept.  It is titled Permaculture: Principles and Pathways Beyond Sustainability

You can order both books (and many others) here.

I own the second and it is a wonderful resource.  I know the former will be as well.  Peter has a HUGE wealth of knowledge and I am excited to see what he has in store for us in his book.

2 comments:

  1. How exciting and wonderful! I'm looking forward to hearing more about your journey. We really must reconnect soon, dear... it sounds like lots of things are afoot for you! Many hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Andrea! :) Yes, I would love to reconnect very soon! XOXO

    ReplyDelete