Monday, January 10, 2011

Dreaming and Visioning my year!

A Huge Thanks! goes out to Joanna Powell Colbert for her wonderful workbook (available here) on this topic.  It has been immensely helpful in developing a plan with goals, projects and action steps.  Check out her link, it's not too late to get started!

I've been working with this for several days now and love the whole process.  It's so organic and makes so much more sense to me than making resolutions.  Resolutions (to me), feel like they are rooted in the negative.  They speak to me of things I shouldn't be doing but am... or things I should be doing but am not.  Both feel like a scorn or scolding to myself. 

Dreams and Visions however, are powerfully positive words and ideas.  I feel like I am approaching these changes to my life from a place of positive energy and emotion.  They feel like welcome changes instead of things I just simply "should do" or "need to do". 

If you've been following my blog, you'll know that wellness/good health is a high priority of mine.  It's one of my Big 3 visions of 2011.  This vision has several goals associated with it (Healthy diet, exercise, daily spiritual practice, etc) and each goal has several projects and action steps.  For each one, there is an action step that calls me to put these things on the calendar (meal planning for Healthy Diet, exercise plans and buddy accountability check-ins for Exercise, morning devotions and meditation for Spiritual Practice, etc). 

Today, I am working on those action steps.  I'm setting appointments in my phone calendar and synchronizing with Outlook on my laptop as well as my paper planner.  Wherever I look, the appointments will be there. 

Along with this is regular blogging for the accountability portion of this plan.  I've added a widget to log exercise (not sure yet if this will work the way want it to, but I am giving it a try) and plan to add a text widget for meal planning as well.  If I can find one, I'll log meditations too.

After a good breakfast:
organic, gluten free whole rolled oats with dried blueberries and cranberries, almonds and a bit of brown sugar.
Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls tea by teavana

Morning Devotions

Yoga stretches

And a mid-morning snack:
Hard boiled organic, cage-free brown egg
more jasmine green tea

I am on a roll...  ;-)

3 comments:

  1. This is fabulous, Bobbi! I'm so glad my workbook helped you to make these changes. And guess what, one of my personal visions for the year is very similar to yours. I'm part of an online support group for good health at RawFoodRehab.ning.com, with daily check-ins. So far, it's going great! Here's to your good health -- and mine! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both! Joanna, I may have to check that ning group out! ;-)

    ReplyDelete