Monday, January 31, 2011

Feeding my soul

Well, since the weather outside is awful, it's the perfect opportunity to warp up a couple of looms... maybe 3.  :)

Project #1
Lap blanket
Black/chocolate 2ply handspun alpaca for the warp and Black 2ply handspun alpaca for the weft.  I may use some of the solid black to do a couple of outside stripes too. 
This will go on the big girl (Gilmore)

Project #2
Colts scarves
Yeah, I got two packets of blue and white yarn to make a couple of donated scarves for the superbowl next year.  I was going to knit them, but I did some calcs and I think I have enough yarn (if I do a plaid) to get two done by weaving.
This one will go on the 27" rigid heddle

Project #3 (possible)
Shawl
I have a few stockpiled yarns that I thought I would crochet, but now I am thinking I'll weave them up for Shawls for Sisters.  There's yellow and cream... I'm leading towards yellow...maybe it will coax out the sun...
If I can get one of the LeClercs cleaned up and moved into the house, I'll start one of these projects on it. 

In between, I'm going to do some spinning...  it's the perfect weather for it, after all!  I've got two different yarns started.  One's a beautiful merino/silk/alpaca combo in gorgeous pink/peach/silver hues.  The other is a hand-painted merino blend in green/teal colors.  Or... I may start on the wheel with another one of the beautiful rovings I have.

At any rate, it's going to be a fiber arts festival in my house O'r the next couple of days and I am Way excited about it!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds just lovely! Enjoy your creative time, dear heart. {{{*}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got some fiber flying here, too. Three natural alpaca colors spinning out into singles on the trad and the traveler; a deep purple silk scarf to nuno felt with sky blue and lavender; dryer balls to make; and maybe...maybe...try cloud spinning again with more of the Pennsylvania/Peru light beige alpaca.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm... I'm starving.. Sounds delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete