Monday, January 24, 2011

Priorities in balance

As I've been working on my dreams, I have realized that I really have to move some things around in my day - and even set a few things aside for right now - as I create time and energy to accomplish the things I've set out to accomplish.

At first, I thought "oh, I'll be fine.  I can squeek out the extra time!"  But when I put pencil to paper on all of the things I am working on right now, it was close to 3 hours a day of extra things.  Some of them I had been doing already, but not the the extent that I wish to do them.  Others are completely new.  The time alotted here is really just for exercise, meal planning, spiritual practice, seminary studies and other misc things.  When I also sat down to think of the extra time needed for meal PREP, I realized... Ok...something's got to give.  I'm the kind of person who needs a Minimum of 8 hours in bed... I function best with 9 or 10.  Trying to squeek those hours out of my rest time is not an option.
 
Now that I am eating healthier (and want to continue that trend), I am avoiding most convenience foods.  Even the organic frozen ones that I would reach for - are being left in the freezer case in lieu of fresher, more vibrant fruits and vegetables.  Of course, this means more labor in the kitchen - which I love - but still, it adds time to my daily tasks.



At this point, I am at 3 + hours of time accounted for - in addition to the things I am already doing and commited to (already 'full' days) every day.  I've already surrendered TV.  There are a couple of nights a week that I will sit down to watch a  movie with my awesome hubby.  Oh...and Sunday night HBO - not giving that up.  lol  But other than that - even on the weekends, I'm staying away from the idiot box.

Another thing I am drastically cutting back on is time spent on facebook.  As much as love staying up to date with all of my friends there, I HAVE to cut that to a minimum.  I'm cutting off the notifications to my cell phone and cutting back to a morning check in and an evening check in via my cell because I have limited access that way.  I'm removing the temptation to stay on there and read/comment on every little thing.  My posts will be limited to sharing links to my blog and the occasional 'mental break' that I may need.

In the past, these changes would have left me feeling deprived in some way.  But with this scenario, I actually welcome them.  I am tired of listening to mindless crap on the tv (and refuse to listen to the negativity on the 'news') - so that's not so hard.  And as far as FB goes, that's more of a habit than anything.  And most of that boils down to me being nosey... if truth be told.  :-P

So... dear facebook friends... if you need me, send me a message.  Otherwise, I probably will not know what's going on in your life for a while.

Change is good.  Transformation is Better.

No comments:

Post a Comment